Relief Efforts for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Hurricane Maria Community Recovery Fund uses 100% of the money raised to support low-income communities recovering from the storm in Puerto Rico.
- United for Puerto Rico is a fund startedby the First Lady of Puerto Rico to provide aid and support to those affected by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
- The Puerto Rico Community Foundation. (FundaciónComunitariade Puerto Rico) is a foundation supporting community-based and grassroots organizations in Puerto Rico to improve education, housing, and economic development, and are working with their partner organizations on recovery efforts.
US VIRGIN ISLANDS
- The Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands, whose mission is to bring scholarship and community building opportunities to the US Virgin Islands, is focusing 100% of the donations they receive on immediate and long term hurricane recovery efforts.
- The Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agencyis an intergovernmental effort to coordinate disaster relief in the Virgin Islands, Barbuda, and Dominicana, areas all ravaged by recent hurricanes. Donations will be used to purchase supplies and support rebuilding efforts.
- NBA player Tim Duncan has started the21 US Virgin Island Relief Fund, which will support recovery efforts.